Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  Wage Increase Imminent?
Number of messages: 6

START MESSAGE:
alain_prost
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Hi Chaps.

With the increaseing technology involved in forklifts and future automated forklifts (which are already filtering through) around the corner, is a huge wage increase imminent? I'm thinking more in line with factory maintenance fitters/maintenance engineers/maintenance electricians which is around a 36k basic plus bonuses and O/T.

I personally think the basic salary is very poor when you consider similar job's like HGV's and Plant attract a 28-32k basic.  Hopefully things are about to change!

Modified 24 Dec 2016 10:31 PM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
kevin_k
dumfriesshire, United Kingdom

i like your thinking !!!! fingers crossed

Posted 24 Dec 2016 08:05 PM Reply  Report this message
lifter01
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
One of the big differences is maintenance engineers normaly work on siemens plc kit HNC required and having worked on both MHE and Siemens kit believe me Even with the inroads of electronics etc they're still easier to work on. And yes your average field service engineer is under paid that's why I'm now working for an end user

Posted 31 Dec 2016 07:15 AM Reply  Report this message
BurtKwok
West Yorks, United Kingdom
I agree to a point, the wages in the forklift game have stagnated, i was quite surprised when i looked at what companies were offering, even for forklift management jobs, there seems to be an image problem where the forklift world is seen as a bit player and experience and knowledge are classed on a different level.
Hence why i'm going back into commercial / industrial maintenance sector, as the wages are around £10k more, the only hope to make money in the forklift game, is to stick with the main dealers and progress through the ranks (if you so wish) into service management or sales etc.

Posted 4 Jan 2017 09:47 AM Reply  Report this message
SteviePeasy
le, United Kingdom
Do any firms offer bonuses and commission schemes these days?

Posted 14 Feb 2017 05:39 AM Reply  Report this message
BrewCrew
Ontario, Canada

This is not Europe but as an Independent we offer wages from $20 to $35 per hr plus $500 bonus per quarter year, flexible hours but no benefits.
We posted an opening for over 4 months and only one reply and it wasn't to promising. At this point we are not sure what direction to go in, might have to reassess the whole situation

-------------------------
We`re here for a good time

Posted 14 Feb 2017 09:12 AM Reply  Report this message

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia