Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  BARLOWS MAY LOOSE POST OFFICE CONTRACT
Number of messages: 31
Page: [1] 2
START MESSAGE:
CATMAN
UK, United Kingdom
A strong source told me recently Briggs are after Barlows post office contract. Something to do with Briggs supplying some cheap Chineese machines, can't remember story exactly. Any one heard anything? Barlows are on their back side as it is this is the last thing they need!!!!!

Modified 25 Mar 2009 08:59 AM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
Greeny
Birmingham, United Kingdom

They may be after it but there is a difference wanting and getting it, Every forklift company is after everybody else's deals. Do you think the post office will change all there barlow trucks for cheap chineese trcuks when everybody needs stability its not the right time to take a risk on cheapness. Maybe you should ask your friend Heinze if he sure about this.

Posted 25 Mar 2009 08:34 PM Reply  Report this message
edward_t
South Carolina, United States

I heard a "strong source" tell me that Briggs, Nacco and Barlow were about to "join forces".

Now to be fair, the "strong source" was a trainer at the gym, and he knows nothing about the forklift business, and was trying to get me to put my back into the lift, [calling my left arm Briggs, my right arm Barlow and my back Nacco], but he knows about as much as you do as far as what the decision makers (who do not work for Brigg, Barlow or Nacco) are thinking to themselves.

I would take a salesman's wishing for what it is....

Modified 25 Mar 2009 08:58 PM
by poster.
CATMAN
UK, United Kingdom
The post office will only put up with the high price service and the un-reliable Fortens so long! Another rumour is that Aggregate Industries are in talks with other companies as they believe Barlows are suppling them a poor service.

Also if anyone understands edward_t's coment please explain I'm lost!!!!

Modified 26 Mar 2009 03:23 AM
by poster.
kevin_k
dumfriesshire, United Kingdom

your sourse is great . barlow don,t have a contravt with the post office .

Posted 26 Mar 2009 03:26 AM Reply  Report this message
CATMAN
UK, United Kingdom
Don't post if you don't know what your talking about. I'm in various Post Office depots every week and all the trucks have on the side of them "On hire from Barloworld" and an engineer is usually standing at the side of it!!! Unless Barloworld have put them there and forgot about them which is well within their capabilities. They also maintain the tow trailers and some of the floor cleaners. Linde still have a fair few trucks in allot of depots though but they never have an engineer stood next to them.

Modified 26 Mar 2009 03:53 AM
by poster.
kevin_k

contract is with ROYAL MAIL,,  different company . this isn,t the place to start slagging things you know nothing about

Modified 26 Mar 2009 03:55 AM
by poster.
CATMAN
UK, United Kingdom
Same difference!!! A 2 year old could understand what I was saying. But then again your spelling and punctuation has a lot to be desired!!!

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:02 AM Reply  Report this message
kevin_k

not worth a response

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:06 AM Reply  Report this message
kevin_k

not me mate . member of the black hands gang me

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:12 AM Reply  Report this message
kevin_k

oh ok. it,s been one of those ars*  days . nothing going right (_)(_)

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:20 AM Reply  Report this message
CATMAN
UK, United Kingdom
Another rumour, and before everyone shoots the messenger again it's just what I've heard that Linde are about to announce redundancies. Any one know anything?

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:20 AM Reply  Report this message
kevin_k

the world is not a pretty place at the moment . payday tomorrow though

Posted 26 Mar 2009 04:40 AM Reply  Report this message
edward_t
South Carolina, United States

and I was just "talking out my butt" with all the first hand knowledge, authority and expertise about this subject that I figure the OP had.

Posted 26 Mar 2009 08:44 PM Reply  Report this message
veteran
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Barlow won this contract from Linde in an internet auction at prices Linde could not live with. The rumours I hear are that Barlow are losing their shirt on it.

Posted 27 Mar 2009 00:03 AM Reply  Report this message
Page: [1] 2

Ads

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia