Storing your login information automatically.

When you select the 'Remember me' option, your login information will be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. When you visit Forkliftaction.com again, the stored login information will be retrieved automatically and you will not have to submit your login parameters (email address and password) each time you want to visit our members-only pages.

A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.

Marketplace Business Directory Discussion Forums Spec-Checker Industry News Events Calendar Jobs & Resumes Photo Galleries
Marketplace
Business Directory
Discussion Forums
Home
My profile
Search
Spec-Checker
Industry News
Events Calendar
Jobs & Resumes
Photo Galleries

Ads

Ads
News service and business centre for materials handlingHOME
Search  
DISCUSSION FORUMS : Forkliftaction.communicate
Forum: Industry News & Whispers
Discussion:  How many dealerships?
Number of messages: 4

START MESSAGE:
GatorSpade
Georgia, United States

Hey everyone...

Trying to figure out about how many dealerships/factory branches each company has in NORTH AMERICA. Some list on their website, and some do not...so I figured the best way to check besides calling everyone of them would be to ask my fellow forklift enthusiast.

Thanks in advance!

Toyota - 180+
Linde -
Jungheinrich -
Hyster - 220+
Cat -
Mitsubishi -
Doosan -  
Crown -
Komatsu -
Heli - 35
Nissan -
Yale -
TCM - 150+

-------------------------
LET'S KICK THIS PIG!!

Posted 14 Apr 2009 00:52 AM Reply  Report this message
REPLIES: Sort replies by
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
Can't really help you with good numbers but it appears your are trying to figure out howman authorized dealers there are in the US/Canada/Mexico (or North America).  Remeber that some dealers carry more than one line.  Example, some Crown dealers carry the Doosan line or Tusk (red Komatsu) line.  Cat dealers will also represent the Mitusbishi brand  Either way the same dealership facility is counted more than once as an authorized dealer.  There are some dealers that represent 4 or 5 lines of the ones that you have listed.  For the most part Yale & Hyster dealers represent only one line unless the want to go to the big confessional in North Carolina.

By the way you did not include Clark in your list.

Hints:  Go to the company's web sites or find a copy of there general aka full line brochure, many will list the number of dealers that have representing them.  Typically they will list a number like ....over 170 dealers in US, Canada and Mexico ...... or something similar (then you can pick a number between 171 thru 179)

Hope this helps, good luck in your research.

"Have An Exceptional Day!"

Posted 14 Apr 2009 04:37 AM Reply  Report this message
johnr_j
Georgia, United States
Forgot to add one more things - many dealers will have more than one location - branches.  But the dealer maybe counted as "1" authorized dealership.

The reason I mention this it seems to me that  220 Hyster authorized dealers seems very high but not high if you count branch locations.  For example, Barloworld they used to have branch locations on every corner where there was an Ecxerd  or CVS drugstore.

"Have An Exceptional Day!"

Posted 14 Apr 2009 04:43 AM Reply  Report this message
vegas4
Wisconsin, United States
Yes, it is hard to tell how many "dealers" are out there... Like it was mentioned many locations have 4-5 smaller facilities that might man 5-10 people... Usually they count these as locations so it sounds better when you read the numbers..... Bottom line, all major Brands.. Crown, Toyota, Raymond, Yale have someone covering every county in the United States.

I can tell you Crown has 53 Factory Owned dealers and roughly 80-90 independent dealers in the USA

Modified 14 Apr 2009 11:14 AM
by poster.
Reply  Report this message

Ads

Forkliftaction.com accepts no responsibility for forum content and requires forum participants to adhere to the rules. Click here for more information.
Ads

GLOSSARY
Click for description.

FORUM
DISCUSSION
SIGNATURE

FORUMS
©Forkliftaction.com
Forkliftaction Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 1439
Milton QLD 4064
Australia