Your accident "potential" and your "potential liability" will drop exponentially.
VIDEO PROOF OF ACCIDENT LIABILITY:
- DUAL Video Recorder Digital Camera (Inside view + Outside view)
- 2GB SD memory card with built in software (accepts up to 16GB card)
- Infrared illuminator for illuminating inside the drivers cabin for video at night
- Cigarette lighter plug power supply (can be wired directly to vehicle power also)
- Mounting bracket and double sided tape and cable ties for easy installation
A simple, inexpensive and easy to install solution that can potentially save a company millions by protecting it from false claims and accusations with regard to accidents your vehicles are involved in.
Provides immediate video proof of what happened before and after an accident unfolded.
S M A R T E R is a forward and rearward looking video recorder. It continually records digital video whenever the vehicle’s ignition is on, then overwrites the oldest video when the memory card is full. In addition, it records individual video events triggered by impact, fast acceleration or fast deceleration (heavy braking).
Events are time/date stamped and records from 1- 3 min before and 1- 3 min after the event is triggered. There is even an IR illuminator for videoing inside the driver’s cabin at night. Audio can also be recorded.
DRIVER ACCOUNTABILITY FOR CELL PHONE USE:
In addition to protecting you from potential litigation with forward looking evidence of and accident, this clever device will make your operators ACCOUNTABLE for cell phone use. They will be accountable for cell phone talking or texting and the resultant heaving braking accidents that "almost" occur because of the cell phone. You can review video both inside and outside of the vehicle and take appropriate action or retraining of your drivers.
Is texting while driving illegal?
As of Jan 26, 2010 it is now illegal for truck and bus drivers who travel interstate roadways to use a handheld device to send text messages. According to U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, the new law which is supported by the trucking and bus industry, charges violators up to $2,750 in fines. Currently (as of 5/2010) 25 individual states have completely banned texting while driving while most states are seriously considering the same action.
Why is texting so dangerous while driving?
- Twenty-eight percent of traffic accidents occur when people talk on cell phones or send text messages while driving, according to a 2010 study by the National Safety Council.
- Drivers that use cell phones are four times as likely to get into crashes serious enough to injure themselves. (NHTSA, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Research from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration found that drivers sending and receiving text messages take their eyes off the road for about 4.6 seconds out of 6 seconds while texting
- Driving while distracted is a factor in 25 percent of police reported crashes.
- Driving while using a cell phone reduces the amount of brain activity associated with driving by 37 percent (Carnegie Mellon)
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute concluded that people who send text messages while driving are 23 times more likely to be in a crash (or what they call a near-crash event) than non distracted drivers.
- More than 500,000 people were injured and nearly 6,000 people were killed last year in motor-vehicle accidents involving a driver who was distracted while using a cell phone or texting device, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation
2 Recording modes---active at same time:
- Provides inside and outside view of vehicle matched with GPS route, speed and direction
- Unbelievably easy to use. Mount camera, plug into lighter--begin recording! (or hard wire to vehicle power)
- GPS matches video with location on Google Map/Earth
- Pre-loaded software on memory card makes set up and viewing of events simple to any PC user
- Built in back up super capacitor ensures recordings stay intact regardless of a power failure
- Small profile design----fits easily to any windshield or dash----NO restriction of visibility
- Smart mounting design allows easy turn to view/record exterior + interior without remounting camera
- Quality of video can be changed by setting resolution and frames per second
- With embedded GPS---location, video and g-force (front/back, side/side, up/down) data all viewed together
- Easy management of route + driving habit through full-time recording of shocks / vibrations / speed / location
- Quick and easy search, play and analyzing by speed / shocks / location data
- G-force lines in software show intensity of movement in 3 axis. (front/back, side/side, up/down)
- Sensitivity of accelerometers can be set from 1 -- 9 with 9 being the MOST sensitive to trigger a video event
- Record button on camera allows driver to record temporary view of street in front of him
- View video, event log, speed, event position and screen shot location, Google Map, Hybrid, or Earth and G-force intensity---- ALL ON ONE SCREEN!
- Thumbnail Image Search: Allows you to analyze frame by frame recording and print of frame picture
- Printable accident report with pictures
- Can accommodate hundreds of incidents, depending on the capacity of SD-Card.
- When the SD-card is full, there is an automatic "over-write" of data for continuous recording.
- Export files and reports for your records and print pictures
How it works:
Front and interior views continuously recorded while power on. When the capacity of the SD card is reached, the oldest files are overwritten
Events are triggered by either a G-force exceeding the preset limit or emergency external record button
Time can be set: 1 min before, 1 min after, 2/2 or 3/3
Stored events on the SD card will NOT be erased unless user erases the event on the PC
- Mounts to window in minutes with tape bracket and adjustable camera view
- When impact or hard braking/ acceleration occurs, device captures video 1 min before + 1 min after the event (or 2/2 or 3/3 depending on setting)
- External record button on allows driver to start manual recording event
- GPS coordinates are continuously recorded. Continuous video or video events triggered by acceleration/deceleration is shown in PC software with Google map/earth view of synchronous route
- To view video and video events, simply remove memory card and insert into USB reader on PC
- Software is pre-loaded on device's memory card along with video event recordings for easy viewing on PC
- Video on screen shows: speed, direction, Map/route, G-force line characteristics (3 axis)
- NO software and NO wireless (cellular) costs!!
- Reduce accidents!! Drivers are more careful because they are monitored
- Reduce accidents!! Drivers can no longer "TEXT" because inward video records them
- Video provides legal proof of guilt in accident---protect your drivers from false claims
- With GPS included, fuel efficiency improves because drivers no longer take "side" trips
- Reduced insurance costs. Less accidents, mean lower premiums
- Reduced accident costs. Less accidents mean higher productivity, proof of guilt lowers incident costs
- With GPS included, fuel efficiency improves because drivers no longer take "side" trips
- Logged data can be recorded during driving even though there are no accident events. This allows for "Full-time recording of G-sensor, GPS information".
- This data can be used to filter and sort events (like say speeding over 70MPH).
- This quick data sorting by our software will be helpful to find out driver’s habits, speeds and routes.
- Logged data can be used to check drivers whole route on Google Maps, Hybrid or Earth.
- Logged data can also provide speed in route and delivery time at each stop point.
- Validate with video proof that driving procedures have been adhered to (texting while driving etc) System records the last hours of road traffic and abnormal acceleration, or deceleration.
- Save video of unusual driving habits
- Internal accelerometer marks the last minute before the rapid change in driving pattern and continues to record for another minute after the incident detection. Event incidents can be saved to the PC for future reference
- Record speed and position
- Built-in GPS marks location as well as vehicle speed video. Makes drivers accountable for start--finish times and routes
- Review any driver noticed events (actuated by external video switch in drivers compartment)
- Manual pushbutton allows drivers to record 1 minute before button activation after of any observed incidents that need to be flagged or saved for review.
- Enforce company police fairly and equitably with all employees while reducing their liability exposure by reducing accidents
Click here to view the video from the Keytroller website.
Click here to view the Keytroller ShopFront
- 2 Video cameras built in, CMOS sensor type (Pixel size : 6um x 6um)
- Lens Angle Front view 143 degree+ Inside view 170degree (total : 313 degree)
- Resolution VGA (640 x 480) for each channel, Compression M-JPEG
- Infrared LED light with adjustment, assists in video of interior at night
- Recoding Speed Max 10fps@VGA for each channel
- Record Time Max 80 Min @ VGA, 20 frame/sec, 2GB, 740 w/16GB SDCard
- Audio Built-in Micro-phone & Speaker with volume (program on or off)
- External emergency record button, LED 4 digital display for diagnostics
- G-Sensor 3-axis, collision/brake/acceleration detection
- GPS Built-in GPS Module, Operating Temperature - 20 to 70, Power DC 5V