Contact the Forkliftaction team
|It’s the time of year when analysts stick their necks out and make bold predictions for the year ahead.
Forkliftaction.com News has watched from the sidelines for many years, but we’ll take a stab this year.
Here are our five picks for the next 12 months:
1) We haven’t seen the end of mergers and acquisitions at the big end - and there will be at least one mega-merger this year.
2) Safety and ergonomics will outstrip fuel-economy as a key feature of new machines rolling out in the year ahead.
3) We’ll see the big machines getting bigger and the smaller narrow-aisle models getting nimbler and stronger.
4) Rental will continue to forge ahead, especially in China.
5) Forkliftaction.com News will remain a vital part of your information network in the next 12 months.
I hope that we’re right with at least one of these tips - especially if it’s the last one.
Stay tuned .
|Local News||Editorial articles by Forkliftaction News|
|Returning soon Australasia News|
Australasian news will return on January 21.
In the meanwhile, feel free to contact us with any news tips or suggestions.
|Global News||Editorial articles by Forkliftaction News|
|Jungheinrich, Heli join for rentals|
CHINA Jungheinrich AG and Anhui Heli Co. Ltd. (Heli) have announced a joint venture for materials handling equipment rentals in the Chinese market.
Jungheinrich and Heli will each hold ... [more]
|Fork-Co acquires Unit Load Handling|
UNITED STATES Fork-Co USA has announced its acquisition of 100% of the stock of Unit Load Handling Systems and of Trading Point.
Fork-Co USA supplies standard ITA/FEM forklift forks, ... [more]
|Clark boosts manufacturing footprint|
UNITED STATES CLARK Material Handling Company has announced an expansion of its Lexington, Kentucky manufacturing facility which will significantly increase CLARK’s under-roof manufacturing in Lexington by more than 200%. ... [more]
|Magni enters US market|
UNITED STATES Italian telehandler manufacturer Magni will enter the US market this year.
The company already has one dealer in the country, Paramount Equipment LLC in Union, New Jerrsey, but it ... [more]
|I.D. Systems wins follow-up order|
UNITED STATES I.D. Systems has received an order through its strategic channel partner, Southeast Industrial Equipment Inc. (SIE), to supply its PowerFleet wireless industrial vehicle management system (VMS).
SIE will deploy ... [more]
|Movers & Shakers|
Manitowoc, Konecranes [more]
|Forklift design blamed for death|
UNITED STATES The design of a Raymond forklift is being blamed for a 2014 workplace fatality at a Roanoke warehouse.
Family members of George Demian, who was killed at the Elizabeth ... [more]
Safety recognition for Narrow Aisle
- Tipton, United Kingdom
Raymond supports STEM
- Greene, NY, United States [more]
|Momatt shows off Komatsu range|
MEXICO Komatsu Forklift has announced the opening of the largest showroom and demonstration facility in Mexico by Momatt, one of its authorised dealers in Mexico.
These facilities are fully equipped ... [more]
|Officials summoned over crane bribery|
INDONESIA Indonesia’s Corruption Eradication Commission has summoned the former financial director of state port operator Pelindo II along with other officials to testify against their former chief, Richard Joost Lino. ... [more]
|SPECIAL START OF YEAR OFFERS BY FORKLIFTCENTER|
Visit our website www.forkliftcenter.com.
- 5281 Kalmar DRF450-60S5, YEAR 2011, 45T Laden Reach Stacker 5-High. View more
- 5012 Hyster RS46-41LS CH, YEAR 2008, 46T Laden Reach Stacker 5-High, Barge Handler. View more
- 5492 SMV SL5ECB80 TWIST LOCK, YEAR 2009, Empty Container Reach Stacker, 5- High. View more
- 5047 SMV SL12-600A, YEAR 1999, Counter Balance, Lifting height 5.5 m. View more
- 5131 Hyster H12.00XM YEAR 2005, 12T Counter Balance Lifting height 5.6m. View more
Contact our sales team at Forkliftcenter HQ, The Netherlands.
Phone +31 20 497 4101 or send an email
|Pedestrian detection and warning system reduces risk of collision|
Are you determined to make your workplace safer? Looking for ways to further reduce the risk of collision as a part of your safety strategy?
BodyGuard® i-Tag system uses the latest technology to significantly reduce the risk of collision between moving vehicles and pedestrians. i-Tag combats risk factors such as driver inattention, poor visibility and worker non-compliance. The system sets up an invisible exclusion zone around the vehicle, and provides a clear and visual warning alert to the operator when someone is detected within the programmable zone and optional vibration alert for pedestrian.
For more information on this valuable safety asset go to orbitcoms.com/BodyGuard.php, send an email or visit the ShopFront.